"Opportunities multiply as they are seized; they die when neglected. Life is a long line of opportunities." - John Wicker
|Improve Your Online Small Business Profits
Lately there has been a lot of discussion on how to make tons of money with Google Adsense. In fact, many people are making the claim that Adsense sites can earn a higher revenue then an affiliate-marketing site.
So that brings us to an important question: Which is a better online business - Affiliate-Marketing sites or
Google Adsense sites?
Let's explore each one and then find out which online business is better option:
How do you like the idea of earning money without dealing with customers or answering emails. This is possible when
you run a Google Adsense site. With Adsense sites, you can have a virtual passive-income that requires little
maintaining. But is this the best option for an online business?
These are the positives of Google Adsense sites:
1. They are perfect for people who run information sites that have no related affiliate-product
2. You can set it and leave it. With Google Adsense, you can create a content page, and there is little need to update the content.
3. Adsense sites are easy to scale. Since they require little upkeep, you can easily create multiple websites that each make a nice income.
These are the negatives of Google Adsense sites:
1. They are not a great long term solution. Instead of getting your visitors to subscribe to a mailing list, you are focusing on getting people to click-on ads. Real online businesses concentrate on building assets that can use for long-term growth.
2. These sites are dependent on search engines. Most Google Adsense sites make the mistake of depending on search engines for the majority of their traffic. If the SE algorithms change then your income might drop significantly.
Being an affiliate-marketer is great for those who want build a theme site. With this type of business, you can easily create web pages around a topic and get people to buy products through your products. If done correctly, you can easily build a loyal following that will help you make m*ney for years to come.
But can affiliate-marketing make you more m*ney then Google Adsense?
These are the positives of affiliate-marketing:
1. A great advantage of affiliate-marketing is that you can build a long term business that will bring in a revenue stream for years.
2. With affiliate-marketers you need to focus on building an email list. This list is a major asset of your business. Every time you have an offer, you can go to your list and increase your profits.
3. Unlike Google Adsense sites, which only concentrates on
high paying keywords, an affiliate-marketing site can be centered on a topic that you have an interest in.
These are the negatives of affiliate-marketing:
1. You have to learn how to write persuasively and get
people to purchase the product that you are recommending. For many people this is a difficult skill to learn.
2. Each affiliate-marketing site requires a lot of effort. You must spend a lot of time writing product reviews, building your email list and creating web content.
So which is better: Affiliate-marketing or Google Adsense?
The answer is that both are great solutions for an online business. Instead of choosing one over the other, you should create websites that can take advantage of both.
Here is how you can do this:
1) Create a content site on a topic that you are interest in, while paying a good amount per Adsense click.
2) Integrate your Adsense into the menu bars and the top of your web content.
3) Add web pages for affiliate-products and your opt-in-email list. But, make sure that you leave out the Adsense blocks on these pages. This way you are ensuring that you are building your long-term assets.
4) Create optimized web page articles that focus on a specific keyword phrase. Place your Google Adsense in these blocks.
5) Provide your email list with good content and product
recommendations. Once in awhile, email your list and provide a link to some of your web articles. That way, you can earn a little bit of m*ney from your subscribers while giving them good content.
By focusing on both affiliate-products and Google Adsense, you will be building both short-term and long-term profits.
Scott J. Patterson is a self-proclaimed Dunce, yet last month he earned $12,124 from one of his online businesses. To find out how YOU can do the same, download his free ebook: A Secret-Guide to Online Businesses
Check out other articles on this topic:
Print this article
|Have articles like this sent to you weekly for free: